Thursday 3 April 2014

BLACKENED





BLACKENED

Blackened, I am skinned with tar-paper.

Tough, I am crazed like shattered glass.

Castaway, I am rusted iron, cast out.

Outlaw, I inherit the Badlands.

The bitter gourd is what I eat,

The blood of snakes is what I drink

Empty, I am soulless.

You do not expect to find my heart

Not even with your foot

Not even under your boot.

I am the half-child you will not let be.

I am Reproach.



I am the lover who knows you in part

I know you wholly but only in part

I know you are the bad good man

I know you are the good bad man

I know you and saw your guts crawl with fear

I know you and felt the weight of your bones cruelty

I love what I know I cannot love what I do not know

Therefore am I bruise-blackened with knowing and love

But you don't see my heart.

You see only my crazy skin.



18,10.2012 Labatut

No comments:

Post a Comment